Precision Consulting Corporation Pty Limited is a privately owned Australian company whose mission is to provide strategic management, consultation and delivery services to secure and maximise client outcomes.
To achieve this mission, it is necessary to collect personal information and; at times, sensitive information on candidates, clients, suppliers, delivery partners and contractors. Precision Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who deal with us and to ensuring that the information we hold is used only in ways the individual has consented.
Precision Consulting complies with the National Privacy Principles (Schedule 3 of the Privacy Amendment [Private Sector] Act 2000), a copy of which can be obtained from
Privacy compliance in our company is the responsibility of our Privacy Officer.
What information do we collect?
Precision Consulting collects the following information:
1. Sufficient information on candidates and contractors to be able to achieve our common objective – to place them in the permanent or contract position that matches their skills, experience and job preference.
2. Information that is normally required to be transferred between an employee and an employer in the context of an employment relationship, including but not restricted to tax file number, banking details and information that might be relevant to a workers compensation claim.
3. Collective information such as what areas of our web site are visited most frequently and which of our services are used the most. Precision Consulting reserves the right to share this information with other individuals so that we can continually improve our services. This information will not be linked to any personal information that can identify any individual.
4. Names, addresses and/or email addresses to allow us to send newsletters to individuals. Each person is able to “unsubscribe” from these services.
The information we generally collect to place individuals in employment includes:
• Personal information such as name, address, phone numbers, e-mail addresses.
• Work history including dates of employment, names of employers, duties and achievements.
• Education details/professional qualifications.
• Details of an individual’s job preferences, remuneration sought.
• Information from appropriate referees to confirm work experience and skills.
However, each individual will be advised prior to us conducting reference checks.
Precision Consulting generally does not collect sensitive information such as professional association
memberships, health information or criminal history.
We will only collect this information with your consent or if we are required by law to do so.
Why do we collect personal information?
Precision Consulting collects personal information for the following purposes:
• Clients have asked us to source suitable candidates for specific roles and we need to assess each candidate’s suitability, as well as providing the clients with a comprehensive understanding of the candidate’s skills and experience.
• Candidates have asked Precision Consulting to find their next career position or contract.
Why do we hold personal information?
Precision Consulting holds personal information to:
• Enable us to advise candidates when we find a position that matches their skills, experience and
• Enable us to advise candidates and contractors of new services and other information that might benefit them.
• Source and qualify candidates for clients of Precision Consulting.
• Maintain contact with placed candidates to ensure the placement is satisfactory for all parties.
• Service placed contractors during the duration of the contract.
How do we collect personal information?
Most information is collected directly from our candidates and contractors.
This is done:
• When they forward their resume to us.
• When they are interviewed by one of our staff.
• During other contact with them such as telephone calls and the exchange of emails.
At other times, we may collect information from a third party such as a referee, psychologist (test results). We will seek each individual’s consent for the collection of this information and will take reasonable steps to inform them of:
• Why the information is being collected.
• Details of any law requiring the collection of the information.
• The main consequences if the information is not provided.
How do we hold personal information?
Precision Consulting holds personal information in a combination of electronic and paper based files at our offices and other secure premises.
We respect each individual’s privacy and consequently have taken steps to ensure that both computer based and paper based information is only accessible by staff of Precision Consulting who require access to the information.
How is personal information used and disclosed, generally?
However, each person will be contacted to give us their consent prior to their personal information being disclosed to a third party and they will be advised of the particular purpose. We will usually ask for the consent in writing or via an email. The only time we may not ask for consent is where we are required by law or by an enforcement agency to disclose the information.
Can an individual access personal information held by Precision Consulting?
Any person can ask for:
1. A copy of their personal information
2. Their personal information to be corrected or updated
3. Their personal information to be removed from our files.
The only exception to the above is information held on employees of Precision Consulting.
The process for requesting access is:
• Proof of identity to be provided.
• Request to be made in writing.
• Precision Consulting will provide the information within 30 days, but usually within a few days.
• A fee will be due and payable to Precision Consulting to cover the cost of identifying and copying
information held. The Fee will be charged at the rate of AU$40.00 per hour with the minimum being
$25.00. At the time of making a request we will provide our best estimate of the cost.
How can a complaint be made?
1. If a candidate or a contractor has a complaint about how our company is handling their
personal information, they should direct their complaint to our Privacy Officer. We will respond to the complaint as quickly as possible but not more than 28 days after the complaint has been made.
2. If they are not satisfied with the response or outcome of their enquiry, they should raise the
complaint and our response to it with the:
Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner
Level 8, Piccadilly Tower
133 Castlereagh Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Tel: 1300 363 992
The current statement will be available on our website at: www.precisionconsulting.com.au or at any Precision Consulting office in Australia.
Privacy Officer Contact Details:
New South Wales
Precision Consulting Corporation Pty Limited
Post Office Box 376
Castle Hill NSW 1765 • Australia
Tel: 1300 880 987